Analysis and survey firm Dun and Bradstreet have recently conducted a survey for the March-June 2014 quarter as to time taken for businesses to pay their bills. The results were positive during the second quarter in 2014. 66% of commercial invoices were paid between 1-30 days, this was up from 59% in the second quarter of 2013.
- Large companies employing over 500 staff were the slowest payers, taking 52.5 days on average.
- Businesses with 1-5 staff took 40 days to pay their invoices.
- Businesses with 6-19 staff were faster to pay their invoices, but only just, taking on average 39.6 days.
- The fastest business sector was forestry, taking on average 34.9 days to settle bills.
- The slowest was utilities, taking on average 48.2 days.